[Twisted-Python] Installing Zope Interface on a SUN without compiler?

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Mon May 8 17:03:24 EDT 2006

On May 8, 2006, at 4:49 PM, Torbjörn Einarsson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running twisted-1.3 on some SUN machines, and haven't changed
> since I couldn't install the Zope Interface without a compiler.
> This is unfortunate, since there is no compiler on the machines,
> and the rest of twisted is installable without a compiler.
>
> The Zope interface is now a part of the sumo distribution, but it
> seems that it needs a compiler in this case as well.
> Does anyone know a simple way of installing the Zope Interface
> without a compiler?

It is certainly usable without compiling -- if you just install
the .py files in your pythonpath, under zope/interface/. It'd be nice
if its setup.py file knew how to deal with the lack of a compiler
automatically, but until it does, you can just manually copy the
files in. If the latest z.i release still has this problem, perhaps
you could submit a patch to their bugtracker.

James