[Twisted-Python] Database tests and Buildbots

bear bear42 at code-bear.com
Wed May 3 01:51:11 EDT 2006

Jonathan Lange wrote:
> On 5/3/06, bear <bear42 at code-bear.com> wrote:
>>
>> Jonathan Lange wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I'm trying to reproduce #1630 using the buildbots and I'm not having
>> > any luck.  Apparently none of the database software is installed on
>> > any of the buildbots.  All the tests are skipped with 'Cannot access
>> > db'.
>> >
>> > Can the buildbot maintainers please configure their slaves to have the
>> > appropriate software installed. Otherwise, we can't really continue
>> > supporting twisted.enterprise.
>>
>> Point me to a document or source file that describes what software to
>> install and what userid/password is required and I'll setup the window
>> buildbot slaves.
> I have no such documentation.  I'd suggest the enterprise maintainer
> write one, but there is no such person.

I found the required information after remembering that I had set up
most of this more than a year ago.

The required information for the test user and database can be found in
twisted/test/test_adbapi.py - it lists that information as well as what
database servers it can use (mysql, pgsql, sqlite, gadfly, firefox, etc).

I have enabled pgsql (version 8) and mysql (version 4.1) on the windows
build slave.