[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] r16486 - Merge epytext-cleanups-1545

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Mon Mar 27 12:12:32 EST 2006

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:52:01 -0500, Colin McMillen <mcmillen at cs.cmu.edu> wrote:

>Has anyone tried fixing this brokenness in python-mode? I'm no emacs
>hacker, but it seems like it's the sort of thing that ought to be,
>say, a 10-line fix in some chunk of parsing code somewhere. I could be
>massively wrong though :) If I've got a spare weekend, maybe I'll look
>at it sometime.

There was an urban myth for quite some time that it was not possible to fix this problem given the way that Emacs does syntax highlighting.

However, the new "python.el" that comes with CVS emacs (as opposed to the "python-mode.el" which comes with XEmacs and is distributed by python.org) does not have this problem.  However, it has a few other issues, so it's a "six of one, half dozen of the other" sort of problem.  I think that the new "python.el" is better, but no effort seems to have yet been made to integrate the two efforts.