[Twisted-Python] twisted.protocols.telnet or twisted.conch.telnet?

James Schend blakeyrat at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 13:54:27 EST 2006

http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/api/twisted.conch.telnet.html

It lists the classes, and then right next to (almost all of) them it
says "undocumented."

How can the two interfaces document the public method completely if
they're undocumented?

Thanks for your second link, however, I hadn't found that page during
my surfing of your site.  It looks useful.

I still don't understand why you'd deprecate a stable interface in
preference to an *unstable* one.  What happens if conch changes in
some way and needs to be deprecated again?  It seems to me like it's a
"damned if you do or damned if you don't"... if you use
twisted.protocols.telnet it'll be removed and your code won't work,
but if you use twisted.conch.telnet it could be changed and your code
won't work.

I'm not nearly concerned, BTW, about the <1.0 version number as I am
about the "unstable" warning.

If twisted.conch is what people are supposed to be using, wouldn't it
make sense to put that in the core install?

Sorry for being such a griper and for hammering a dead horse with this
one.  I guess I'd just like some assurance that my project, written
using twisted.conch, will still work as the conch library gets
upgraded to 1.0 (at which point, I presume, it would become stable?)