[Twisted-Python] Twisted Windows Suggestions

Jonathan Lange jml at mumak.net
Thu Mar 9 18:42:48 EST 2006

On 3/10/06, Timothy Fitz <TimothyFitz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Teratorn and I are stepping up to support twisted on windows, and the
> first thing we need to figure out is a list of fixes and features, by
> priority. Our top priority is definitely making a windows reactor pass
> all of the tests, but beyond that there are numerous issues.

I'm glad of this.

At the moment, it doesn't really matter if code breaks tests on the
win32 bots. No one cares about the difference between 2-4
intermittently failing tests and 3-5 intermittently failing tests. The
only difference that matters is green and red.

> My first
> project is rewriting the installer using distutils, but there are
> numerous other issues to solve, three off the top of my head:

Your first project after fixing the win32-select tests, right? (All
the things you list sound like very good ideas for Windows support)

There are a list of issues sorted by priority on the tracker[1]. In
fact, there's a page on the wiki dedicated to storing useful Trac
queries[2]. I suggest that rather than replying to this email with
their issues, people should file bugs on the tracker with 'win32' in
the keyword field.

You can find some other reports on issues with Twisted by looking at
glyph's blog[3].

Thanks very much for doing this -- both you and Eric. Good luck.

jml

[1] http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&keywords=%7Ewin32&order=priority
[2] http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/UsefulQueries
[3] http://glyf.livejournal.com