[Twisted-Python] XMLRPC Server: Bug with None response

Thu Mar 9 11:43:59 EST 2006

Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:

>On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 11:13 -0500, Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
>

>>>We have seen that a new xmlrpc.py is ready to be committed in the web2
>>>package (see ticket #1132: http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/1132) but it
>>>doesn't seem to include the previous patch.
>>>

>>Problems with the patch:
>>
>>  * Doesn't follow the coding standard (allow_none should be allowNone)
>>  * Includes no unit tests
>>  * Includes no documentation
>>  * Isn't in the bug tracker
>>

>There's actually already a patch in the tracker for None support in
>twisted.web.xmlrpc: http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/469
>
>However, it did not have tests, and also made the tests fail when last I
>applied it.

I've not delved into the code but found the following in:

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/attachment/ticket/469/xmlrpc_allowNone_by_xmlrpclibVersion_rev4.patch

Line 297:

    def __init__(self, url, host, method, allowNone=0, *args):

I don't think you can have *args after a 'named' argument.

Have you tried:

    def __init__(self, url, host, method, *args, allowNone=0):

- Remi -