[Twisted-Python] Re: API reference

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sun Mar 5 20:27:34 EST 2006

"Diwaker Gupta" <diwaker.lists at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> The new website seems to be coming along nicely. However, I find
> myself missing the old API reference a lot. The previous Javadoc style
> reference was very easy to navigate, jump across things,

Strange, I always find epydoc output pretty hard to navigate...

[...]

> It seems the pages are still being generated by epydoc

Nope.  epytext, epydoc's markup system is used by the docstrings
though, so we still use epydoc's parser/formatter for that.

> -- some styling is missing, and the frames page is missing? Is this
> something being worked on/considered?

It's being worked on fairly actively:

http://codespeak.net/svn/user/mwh/docextractor/trunk/

> Or is the current format of API reference final?

Hardly!  In addition to what JP said, concrete suggestions on how to
improve it or even patches are very welcome.  I sometimes have a more
up-to-date/experimental version up at:

   http://starship.python.net/crew/mwh/apidocs/twisted.html

(it's only mildly different from what's on twistedmatrix.com
right now).

Cheers,
mwh

--
  The source passes lint without any complaint (if invoked with