[Twisted-Python] Re: Twisted Website

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Mar 3 04:50:39 EST 2006

Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at divmod.com> writes:

>   * Epydoc has been replaced by docextractor (to be renamed).

Huh?  I admit I put about two seconds of thought so far into the
project name, but I still think I get to name my own projects :)

> Since we have so much documentation using epytext markup, we will
> likely continue to use that markup style.

It would be nice if more docstrings were actually in epytext rather
than something that looks a bit like it (around 400 errors in twisted
svn head, and that's after being nicer about indentation than epydoc
itself seems to be).

> API documentation emitted by docextractor is currently up on the
> website at the URL previously occupied by epydoc's output.  The
> docextractor markup is currently very rough.

As you (JP) now know, it's a bit prettier already, though the version
on tm.com isn't yet.

> Patches are, as always, welcome ;) You will find the source at
> <http://codespeak.net/svn/user/mwh/docextractor/trunk>.

Currently I'm finding new and exciting ways to make pickle crap itself
:/

Cheers,
mwh

--
  It is time-consuming to produce high-quality software. However,
  that should not alone be a reason to give up the high standards