[Twisted-Python] Status of wxPython support in Twisted 2.1: use wxreactor

Steve Freitas sflist at ihonk.com
Fri Jun 30 16:45:05 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 14:43 -0400, Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> This is what wxreactor does for me:
>
>   exarkun at charm:/tmp$ trial --reactor wx twisted
>   Using twisted.internet.wxreactor reactor
>   Running 2741 tests.
>   twisted.conch.test.test_cftp
>     TestOurServerBatchFile
>       testBatchFile ...
>   Traceback (most recent call last):
>     File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core.py", line 13262, in <lambda>
>       lambda event: event.callable(*event.args, **event.kw) )
>   StopIteration
>
> Both in trunk and in the branch.  I think it needs some more work.  I'm not
> really interested in doing it on my own time.  If someone wants to sponsor
> the development I might consider it.

Lemme see what I've got in my wallet... *rooting around* I've got a $20!

It's too bad this continues to have snags -- PythonCard plus Twisted
sure makes a killer combo for easily building cross-platform networked
client apps, much more worthy of the level of praise Rails is getting
than, say, Rails.

Steve