[Twisted-Python] Status of wxPython support in Twisted 2.1: use wxreactor

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Fri Jun 30 14:43:21 EDT 2006

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 14:18:41 -0400, Itamar Shtull-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org> wrote:
>On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 10:38 -0700, Steve Freitas wrote:
>
>> So it's question of merging rather than further bug fixing?
>
>Probably. Maybe I'll get JP to help me with it on the weekend.
>
>> I looked at
>> the feedback on the corresponding bug report
>> <http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs/issue1235> and it seemed like there was
>> still an issue on the Mac -- did you find a solution for that?
>
>I think the current version doesn't work on Mac either, so it's
>certainly not worse :)

This is what wxreactor does for me:

  exarkun at charm:/tmp$ trial --reactor wx twisted
  Using twisted.internet.wxreactor reactor
  Running 2741 tests.
  twisted.conch.test.test_cftp
    TestOurServerBatchFile
      testBatchFile ...
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core.py", line 13262, in <lambda>
      lambda event: event.callable(*event.args, **event.kw) )
  StopIteration

Both in trunk and in the branch.  I think it needs some more work.  I'm not
really interested in doing it on my own time.  If someone wants to sponsor
the development I might consider it.

Jean-Paul