[Twisted-Python] Compressing PB communication

Tzahi Fadida Tzahi.ML at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 15:01:22 EDT 2006

On Thursday 29 June 2006 21:33, glyph at divmod.com wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:41:09 +0300, Tzahi Fadida <tzahi.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Thursday 29 June 2006 02:21, glyph at divmod.com wrote:
> >> Have you actually measured the size of the PB data you are thinking
> >> about compressing?  PB's serialization tends to be extremely tight.
> >
> >Yes, it's about 20megabytes of data (~20000 records).
> You are aware that PB has a 640kb-per-message limit, right?  You'll have to
> be breaking up that data set.

No, that is new to me. I cannot break it up.
can it be done using that writeSequence or Write in the ProtocolWrapper?
I don't want to handle this on the application/PB level.
I can see though that this is confined to the banana.py and cbanana,
i can change it there as a last resort, right?
640kb looks arbitrary to me, times is changing, what was considered
large in the past is small in the present. At the very least it should be