[Twisted-Python] Compressing PB communication

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Thu Jun 29 14:37:50 EDT 2006

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:21:40 +0300, Tzahi Fadida <tzahi.ml at gmail.com> wrote:

>More so, it is possible to add meta information per call, like encryption
>or tags for tracing etc... or if the server is loaded or, for example,
>use a server in between to handle compression by looking at the meta
>tag. Could be very useful. I'll need to do some testing to see what
>is better.

No.  PB doesn't have any facility like that (nor for per-message compression).  It tries to abstract the wire as much as possible; its communication model is between objects witth methods, not byte streams or message processors.

You could probably add a type-byte to jelly to do something like this but I certainly don't have the motivation personally :).  Patches accepted...