[Twisted-Python] Mobile code using PB

Tzahi Fadida Tzahi.ML at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 04:43:16 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 03:10, glyph at divmod.com wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 02:51:21 +0300, Tzahi Fadida <tzahi.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> >Basically i can override the security options like so:
>
> Why not just do Broker(security=PermitEverything()) on the client?  This is
> why SecurityOptions is parameterizeable.  You shouldn't have to
> monkey-patch anything.

Thank you for your answer.
I am sorry, but i am fairly new to twisted. I am using the PBClientFactory
but it does not have any parameters.
Do you suggest to use Broker class instead somehow, because it looks
a lot more low level...

Also, the documentation says "RemoteCopy provides the methods that tell the
Jelly layer how to create the local object from the incoming serialized
state" and the same thing for copyable.  However, with security off,
i send classes with no pb.copyable and pb.remote. Does this mean they are
being serialized differently? unsecurely in the sense of being pickled instead
of jellied?
What is really the difference in stating the name module.classfoo in the
isAllowed security options instead of using pb.copyable and pb.remotecopy.

The main problem is that if you want to send objects of classes that are
imports that is from some library then you cannot simply inherit the
pb.copyable etc...

10x.