[Twisted-Python] reset/restart reactor problem

Joseph Newman jfn20 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Jun 24 23:19:22 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I am porting an academic middleware project, currently implemented in
C++ and Java, to python. It extensively uses multicast for
communicating general events and TCP to communicate with a database.
The multicast messages that I send out depend on the results that I
first obtain from the database. I would prefer to serialise each of
these requests in turn, but its not immediately obvious to me what
the best way to do this using Twisted is.

If I could reset the reactor after each client/server transaction
that would be by far the easiest. I have been experimenting with
threadedselectreactor, but I currently don't have an event loop as
such that is independent of the reactor event loop. Nearly all the
examples deal with processes that either act as servers or clients,
rather than combinations of the two.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Joe Newman