[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] r17325 - merge sob-491, fixes #491

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Wed Jun 21 13:23:38 EDT 2006

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:41:19 -0400, Mike Pelletier <mike at mkp.ca> wrote:
>On Wednesday 21 June 2006 12:45, Cory Dodt wrote:
>> If so, this is the first time I've heard about it.  And what are we doing
>> about the masses of commit messages that aren't?

We're posting messages on the mailing list reminding people of the appropriate format, and of other rules related to the development process.  Of course, some people have raised objections to this practice, but I think overall it is a net win that people are finding out.

>Excuse me, just realised I was thinking of the plone SVN, which scrapes "fixes
>#xxx" an so on.

This is a trac feature, and Twisted is using it too.  That's the reason for the required "Fixes #xxx" line.

For an example, see the ticket in question:  http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/491

Despite lacking the other required bits of the commit message, the merge did include the ticket number.