[Twisted-Python] Manhole - How to support

Chaz. eprparadocs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 09:28:07 EDT 2006

I've built a 'ManholeFactory' to use with my application (see below).
When I try to connect to it via the 'manhole' client (under Linux) it
asks for Host, port, Name, Password, all of which I provide. But it gets
an error returned.

I was wondering if I need to do anything special (besides what my
manhole support does)?

Peace,
Chaz

(Please forgive the poor formatting...it is the email client doing it).

def ManholeFactory(namespace,**passwords) :
    realm = manhole_ssh.TerminalRealm()
    def getManhole(_): return manhole.Manhole(namespace)
    realm.chainedProtocolFactory.protocolFactory = getManhole
    p = portal.Portal(realm)
    p.registerChecker(
	checkers.InMemoryUsernamePasswordDatabaseDontUse(**passwords))
    f = manhole_ssh.ConchFactory(p)
    return f

class ManholeService(internet.TCPServer):
    def __init__(self,port,namespace,**passwords):
	internet.TCPServer.__init__(self,port,
		ManholeFactory(namespace,**passwords))

ManholeSrv = ManholeService(ivars.ManholePort,
			globals(),admin='whirlwind')

ManholeSrv.setServiceParent(srv)