[Twisted-Python] Twisted-friendly Message bus

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jun 16 12:25:22 EDT 2006

I've run into "this service needs to know about this event from this
other service" once too often. It's message bus time, baby.

However, many of the daemons I use are locally-written Twisted code, so
a Twisted-friendly (async api) one would be nice. Note also that other
non-Twisted code will need to connect to it, so rolling my own (aside
from it being a bad idea from a NIH perspective) is out.

I could of course wrap the message queue receiver for something
well-proven like Spread into a thread. Then there's XMPP which is the
darling of the anti-Java movement - though wrapping Twisteds' XMPP API
to get a message bus might be annoying.