[Twisted-Python] Passing extra arguments to twistd?

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Fri Jun 9 18:15:55 EDT 2006

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 23:03:06 +0200, Terry Jones <terry at jon.es> wrote:
>I have a .tac file and am using twistd on it to start the application.  I
>would like to be able to specify a config file on the command line so the
>.tac file code can figure out what it should do.  Twistd doesn't seem to
>want me to do that though.
>
>Something like allowing
>
>  $ twistd -twistedopts file -- extra args here...
>
>would be nice. Or is there a better way to do this?

.tac files _are_ configuration, so they don't _take_ configuration.  You
should have so little code in your .tac file that it is neither burdensome
nor distasteful to make a copy and change bits of it to meet particular
configuration requirements.

On the other hand, .tac files are far from the final word on configuration.
They're just the last word Twisted has put in so far ;)  No doubt we'll see
something better added at some future date.

Jean-Paul