[Twisted-Python] Synchronous Code Fishbowl

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Fri Jun 2 07:20:07 EDT 2006

Philip Jenvey wrote:
> On May 31, 2006, at 7:10 AM, Matt Goodall wrote:
>
>> After that, I think the queue implementation is ok.
>>

>> And some people insist that threading is easy ;-).
>>

> Alternatively you could take advantage of python's built in thread- safe
> Queue.Queue. Simply extend it and overwrite the private methods  (_put,
> _get, etc.)

Good idea.

The usual comment about not overriding _ method applies but it looks
safe in this case because Queue explicitly documents the _ methods that
are safe to override.

- Matt

--
     __
    /  \__     Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd
  __/  \__/    e: matt at pollenation.net
 /  \__/  \    t: +44 (0)113 2252500
 /  \          Any views expressed are my own and do not necessarily
 \__/          reflect the views of my employer.