[Twisted-Python] is it possible to have a (single) twisted client that

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Thu Jan 26 23:44:03 EST 2006

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 20:27:34 -0800 (PST), john peter <neuzhoundxx at yahoo.com> wrote:
> makes more than one (say, three) connections to the same server instance?
>  i was thinking of something like this: an 'ADD' connection that sends  new data items to the server for saving, an 'UPDATE' connection that  sends data update requests, and a 'DELETE' connection that sends data  deletion requests.  All three connections share DATA ID  information,  but should otherwise have "independent" existence so  that they can be configured to have different "behavioral" attributes;  that is, the ADD connection saves the data ids for items successfully  persisted to an 'in-memory' table for later lookups, and UPDATE and  DELETE requests can only be issued for DATA IDs known to be valid for  the "current" session (thus, the "in-memory" table lookups) and each  connection may have attributes such as "send" rates, etc.
>  If this is possible, could someone please give me some pointers on what  twisted code to study/ look at?  thank you very much for your help!

This is as easy as calling reactor.connectTCP() three times.  There's nothing special about the first call, or the second call, or the third call.  Each one just sets up a connection attempt.

Try taking echoclient.py from the core examples and adding some more connectTCP calls to it, see what happens.