[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-web] Re: Actual Useful Post

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Jan 25 07:12:13 EST 2006

Christopher Armstrong <radeex at gmail.com> writes:

> On 1/25/06, Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> wrote:
>> There's going to need to be some magic/special casing at some level,
>> to deal with twisted.python.components.Interface.
>
> Oh right, I forgot to ask: what do you mean about this? extracting the
> docs from an Interface should really be the same as extracting it from
> a class...

Well, I'm not entirely sure what I meant :) I was somewhat assuming
that you'd want to document interfaces differently from classes and
that specifically you'd want to document t.p.c.Interface *somehow* and
it's currently defined like this:

Interface = MetaInterface("Interface", __module__="twisted.python.components")

which doesn't look much like a class to my code.

> of course, it'd also be *hella* useful for the doc extractor to find
> implements() lines in the *implementations* of those Interfaces.. Is
> that what you're referring to?

No, but that could be done too.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Well, you pretty much need Microsoft stuff to get misbehaviours
  bad enough to actually tear the time-space continuum.  Luckily