[Twisted-Python] twistd question

Christopher Armstrong radeex at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 04:01:51 EST 2006

On 1/25/06, Ross Jekel <ross at sourcelabs.com> wrote:
> > Since each of those subprocessing needs to be connected to the message
> > queue, I'd like to use twistd to run them and benefit from the application
> > level abstractions for setting up the service. But I'm not entirely sure
> > how to use twistd property when I may have multiple instances of the same
> > .tac file running. Basically, I need to spawn worker subprocessing that
> > during the time they are doing work are services so that they can
> > communicate with the messaging subsystem.

I don't really see why you want the subprocesses to be run with
twistd. If all they do is do some computations that aren't given back
to the client, they might as well just be blocking code that you kick
off with a spawnProcess. Maybe you could shed a bit more light on what
these subprocesses will actually be doing, and what sort of data they
need to pass back to the main server, if any.

--
  Twisted   |  Christopher Armstrong: International Man of Twistery
   Radix    |    -- http://radix.twistedmatrix.com
            |  Release Manager, Twisted Project
  \\\V///   |    -- http://twistedmatrix.com
   |o O|    |