[Twisted-Python] Deferred Groups?

Moof moof at metamoof.net
Sun Jan 22 06:52:51 EST 2006

On 1/21/06, Mike C. Fletcher <mcfletch at rogers.com> wrote:

> This functionality (or, something very close) is in the deferred module
> already, it's just non-obvious how you use it:
>
> sem = defer.DeferredSemaphore(count)
> dl = [sem.run(callable, item, *args, **named) for item in iterable]
> return defer.DeferredList(dl, consumeErrors=True)

Oh good God, you mean twisted had this all the time?  Would have saved me a
(small) number of headches about 6 months back, though given how much my
beast has grown since then, I'd probably  have ended up replacing it anyway.

I've added a documentation bug (1432), and I might see if I get some time to
write some docs for it this afternoon.

Moof