making sqlalchemy work with twisted (was Re: [Twisted-Python]SQL Abstraction Layer_

glyph at glyph at
Wed Jan 18 20:59:58 EST 2006

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 19:55:32 -0500, Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at> wrote:

>Yes.  Unfortunately, this cannot be implemented in CPython without going to
>extreme lengths.  Also, there is some discussion among the core Twisted
>developers whether it even represents a good idea at all.  I think the split
>is currently something like 4 to 1 against.  If you look in either my blog
>or glyph's blog for "concurrency" you will find some exposition on the

Actually the thing you want to look for in my blog is "Santa Claus".  The best post on this topic is "Knowing Santa Claus is Fake Doesn't Ruin Christmas", at

It should probably be on's front page or something.