[Twisted-Python] SQL Abstraction Layer

Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone dialtone at divmod.com
Tue Jan 17 11:47:04 EST 2006

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 08:58:36AM -0500, Paul G wrote:
> what would help, i think, is some documentation/examples describing how
> this can be achieved with specific implementations. there's no reason this
> has to be in the official twisted documentation or written by twisted
> folks, necessarily, it would be good for it to just exist ;) dialtone's
> italian post shows the minimalistic example, but as he (through the
> translation) states, it probably won't be anywhere near as simple to use
> sqlalchemy's ORM features.

ORM features should work without problems but you'll have to use the 'eager'
query mode everytime since retrieving stuff lazily means running queries for
attribute access and this is what you want to avoid for blocking reasons.

If you use fetchall() and the eager query mode for the ORM then SQLAlchemy
works as well (if not better) than other solutions. I save Axiom from this
because it has a particular attention to integration with Twisted (like
powerups and so on).

--
Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone
Now Running MacOSX 10.4