[Twisted-Python] simple dns server with twisted.names

Yves Glodt y.glodt at sitasoftware.lu
Tue Jan 17 03:24:19 EST 2006

Nathaniel Haggard wrote:
> On 1/13/06, *Yves Glodt* <y.glodt at sitasoftware.lu
> <mailto:y.glodt at sitasoftware.lu>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I have read about twisted.names and I guess it can help me in what I
>     have to achieve..
>
>     I have a database which contains a list of ip-addresses and
>     corresponding hostnames.
>
>     Now, how could I do to, e.g., write a daemon which would, on dns
>     queries, query the database to resolve the name?
>

> You could subclass twisted.names.client.Resolver to lookup the names
> from the db or from some structure generated from the db.

I went through the available documentation and I have to say that I did
not advance... is there a list of classes and methods available somewhere?

Otherwise, I guess I could advance if I could have some examplecode
which does only 1 thing:

in my python program I have a variable myhost = '1.2.3.4'

Now, I would be perfectly happy if I launch my python program, and if
the following would work:

dig myhost @127.0.0.1

thanks in advance,
Yves