[Twisted-Python] Documentation virtual sprint: 14th January

Mary Gardiner mary-twisted at puzzling.org
Sun Jan 8 05:40:14 EST 2006

Hi all,

A reminder to interested parties that I set the date for this to this
coming Saturday: 14th January. What follows is a reminder about what I
want to do.

I'll set up something more specific for this in a day or two. I envisage
I'll have a worklist of some kind on a wiki, and that participants will
also be chatting on #twisted as usual to resolve anything else.

-Mary

----- Forwarded message from Mary Gardiner <mary-twisted at puzzling.org> -----

I'd like to run a one day Twisted documentation sprint. Please note that
while I want and need input from both Twisted experts and Twisted
newbies, I won't have much tolerance for general whining about the state
of Twisted documentation. (Not that I've ever exhibited much tolerance
of this kind.) We need highly specific whining!

This sprint will hopefully be the first in a series, and it will be
focussed on *reading* the documentation, rather than writing it. We
would therefore especially welcome the input of people who are either
users of the documentation, or want the documentation improved but don't
want to write it.

We will focus on reviewing present documentation against the following
criteria:

 - does it reflect best practices for Twisted coders?
 - is it up-to-date?
 - is it complete?

For people who are newer to Twisted, reviews on the general useability
of any particular piece of Twisted documentation as per my post at
http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2005-May/010386.html

----- End forwarded message -----

--
<dash> your RDF is massive and unstoppable.  [to glyph -ed]