[Twisted-Python] ssh manhole

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Sun Jan 1 21:40:13 EST 2006

On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 19:55:04 -0500, Phil Christensen <phil at bubblehouse.org> wrote:
>On Jan 1, 2006, at 7:12 PM, Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>>I'm confused.  Do you want an SSL server or an SSH server?
>>
>>Jean-Paul
>
>i would like an ssh server, so that i can ssh into manhole from a  regular
>terminal, essentially so that i can use the ssh interactive  password
>prompts to authenticate against some arbitrary backend.

Okay.  You just need to implement a checker for IUsernamePassword, then.  Add this to a portal wrapped around a realm that knows about IConchUsers and you should be set, as far as authentication goes.

Take a look at twisted/conch/manhole_ssh.py for an idea of what needs to happen to hook manhole up to a conch server.

Jean-Paul