[Twisted-Python] Twisted & SOAP

Charlie Moad cwmoad at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 18:12:52 EST 2006

     SOAPpy is a very primitive soap implementation compared to ZSI,
but it works for the simple cases.  However, focus is being directed
to ZSI primarily now.  If you check out ZSI from cvs you can build it
with, "python setup.py build --twisted", and this will include twisted
resources that can be used like any other twisted.web resource.  This
work migrated from pygridware to ZSI recently, so it is not trivial to
use yet.  Pygridware also includes a web2 resource, but this has not
been moved to ZSI yet.  Maybe once these classes mature they will be
donated for twisted to include.
     I am not a twisted developer so I can't speak for them, but this
is the current status of the pywebsvcs group.
     I cc'd the twisted-web mailing list, because that is probably
where this thread belongs, hence the general list should not be
included in future replies.

- Charlie