[Twisted-Python] Conch: multiple commands

Gabe Rudy rudy at goldenhelix.com
Thu Feb 9 16:54:26 EST 2006

On Thursday 09 February 2006 2:06 pm, Brendan Simon wrote:

> Or maybe create a script, send it to the server, (chmod it ???) and then
> run it.  Does that sound reasonable?
>
> Cheers,
> Brendan.

It does, but what would you use to send the script to the server? Conch can
supposedly to scp but I have yet to see a clear example on how. You could use
external scp but then you would have to figure out the authentication between
your box and the remote box (ssh_authorized_hosts or something is what I went
with, its kind of hard to pass user/pass credentials to command line scp). Or
you could send the script in the form of
echo "#!/bin/bash\n script..." > script.sh
through a ssh channel, but that kind of defeats the purpose.

If you figure how to have Conch easily copy files let me know :)

--gabe