[Twisted-Python] xmlrpc and deferred result doubts

Gustavo Rahal gustavo at grahal.net
Sun Feb 5 16:09:06 EST 2006

Hi All

I have a doubt about how to factor the an xmlrpc server code.
Basicly what happens is:

def xmlrpc_runCmd(self, hostname, command):
    # I call a method that returns a deferred and because of that I
    # don't have anything to return to the xmlrpc client.
    runComm = conn.runCommand(hostname, command)
    # the line below doesn't make much sense because the output needs to
    # return to the xmlrpc client
    runComm.addCallback(self.printOutput)

    return ???? # return what?!?!?!?

What should I do? How should I factor the code?

Thanks
Gustavo