[Twisted-Python] help with deferreds??

john peter neuzhoundxx at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 15:37:17 EST 2006

i'm writing an app that makes two twisted client connections to the same server.
  After each connection is made, each client connection sends a session
  establishment request to the server (per Netbios over TCP/IP protocol ) in the
  Protocol.connectionMade() method. In the dataReceived method, I check if my
  request was successful. If not successful, I display a failure notice then call self.transport.loseConnection().  if successful, I flip an internal variable "sessionEstablished" to true, then the intention is for the successful connection
  to continually interact with the server in a loop.  this means, however, that i would get
  into a send-receive data loop, which as i've observed, would prevent the other successful connection to get any work done..  would it still be appropriate for me to use twisted for such application? if so, how should i approach the sendDataToServer() blocking.  I'm read the docs on deferreds, but i'm still unsure how to proceed.

  thanks in advance for any help/tips