[Twisted-Python] SSL problem

Steve Freitas sflist at ihonk.com
Thu Dec 21 15:57:57 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 12:47 -0500, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 09:32 -0600, Steve Freitas wrote:
>
> > IOW, there's something wrong with the key/cert I'm feeding it? Calling
> > ssl.DefaultOpenSSLContextFactory(SSL_PRIVATE_KEY_FILE,
> > >SSL_CERTIFICATE_FILE) is so simple I'm not sure where I'd be going
> > wrong. BTW, the cert was provided by RapidSSL, and it's what I used with
> > stunnel as well.
>
> Perhaps you want TLSv1 instead of SSLv3?

Thanks for the reply, Itamar.

Gave it a try, and I don't think so -- mail2web simply wouldn't deal
with it at all. Of course, all I did was pass in a third argument to
DefaultOpenSSLContextFactory, SSL.TLSv1_METHOD. Should I have done any
more than that?

In the meantime, I'm gonna give JP's suggestions a try. Thanks, JP.

Steve