[Twisted-Python] SSL problem

Steve Freitas sflist at ihonk.com
Thu Dec 21 10:32:22 EST 2006

Thanks for the response, JP.

On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 09:54 -0500, Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:

> It's pretty difficult to say what the problem is without knowing the
> specific error which is occurring, or having a complete example which
> can reproduce it.

Yeah, I understand that. I'm not sure where to go to get the errors,
though. I was trying to avoid putting up a complete example, because it
would be pretty involved, but I'll go that route if trying to dig up the
errors doesn't yield anything.

> I'd _guess_ your context object isn't configured
> quite right.

IOW, there's something wrong with the key/cert I'm feeding it? Calling
ssl.DefaultOpenSSLContextFactory(SSL_PRIVATE_KEY_FILE,
>SSL_CERTIFICATE_FILE) is so simple I'm not sure where I'd be going
wrong. BTW, the cert was provided by RapidSSL, and it's what I used with
stunnel as well.

> At the very least, you
> should share the SSL errors which are occurring.

How do I get at these? I didn't see any tracebacks being tossed. I'm
using 2.4.0.

Steve