[Twisted-Python] What Win32 issues are important to you?

Jonathan Lange jml at mumak.net
Thu Dec 7 19:16:29 EST 2006

On 12/7/06, Eric Mangold <teratorn at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> I'm going to set aside some time to work on win32 issues, and was
> wondering what tickets are particularly important for the folks out there?

Hey Eric,

Thanks for showing the Windows love.  The most pressing win32 issue
for me is the large number of reactor unclean warnings in the
win32event reactor.

>From #2091:
    One other thing: the win32-win32er slave had about 250 more errors
    with this branch merged than without it. win32er may not be a
    completely supported reactor, but introducing this many new errors
    to even an unsupported reactor makes me very nervous and I think
    we should try to avoid doing it.

Another very important issue is the buildslaves. As a UNIX[1]
developer, the buildslaves are my primary point of interaction with
the Windows world. This leads to two things:

    1. It's hard to care about the win32er and iocp reactors when they
are always red.[2]
    2. It would be very nice for the "remove-.pyc" step to always work.

That's it from me. Thanks again for taking the time to look after win32.

[1] I feel justified in calling Mac OS X a UNIX. It helps me sleep.
[2] Perhaps we should have two buildbot pages: "supported" and
"unsupported". win32er, iocp, tsr, pypy and friends can all hide on