[Twisted-Python] Re: Problems with building of twisted-2.4.0

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Thu Dec 7 05:59:03 EST 2006

Steve Han wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am new to Twisted.When building ZopeInterface-3.1.0-0c1 got the
> messages as the following:
>
>  ...build/temp.linux-i686-2.4/Dependencies/zope.interface-ZopeInterface-3.1.0c1/zope.interface/_zope_interface_coptimizations.o
>
> unable to execute gcc: No such file or directory
>
> What does mean by that?
> Which packages I need for building Twisted/ZopeInterface?

You do not have gcc (the GNU Compiler Collection) installed. If you are
using Ubuntu Linux (or Kubuntu, or Xubuntu, or Edubuntu, or...), use this
command:

$ sudo apt-get install build-essential

If you are using another distribution, you'll have to come up with the
equivalent command.

--
Nicola Larosa - http://www.tekNico.net/

If users expect the Nintendo Wii to be truly off, they need to pull the
power plug -- assuming there isn't a battery foiling that tactic. There
seems to be no way to disconnect the Internet, as the Nintendo Wii is
wireless only. Maybe there is no way to turn the Nintendo Wii off.
 -- Bruce Schneier, May 2006