[Twisted-Python] web2: http Content-Length header

Mon Dec 4 16:16:17 EST 2006

Hi all,

I'm using twisted.web2.client.HTTPClientProtocol to implement a HTTP
downloader object.

In order to show the download progress, I need the Content-Length header,
which is found in the server response.
But it turns out this header is being removed from the response, because it
is listed in connHeaderNames, twisted/web2/channel/http.py line 217.

Leaving 'content-length' out of this list gives me the valid content-length
header in the response.

Is it really necessary to remove the content-length header from the
response?

Regards, Pieter