[Twisted-Python] newbie question: is twisted right for my app?

Richard Springob rspringob at vmware.com
Tue Aug 29 15:12:48 EDT 2006

I am designing a scheduling system and am wondering if twister is the right
tool for the job. The typical model is to have a server answering many
clients. I am looking at the inverse of having a solitary dispatcher (client)
contact many different hosts (servers) in order to pass them a job.   Looking
at the examples in the documentation, it looks like the normal procedure is
to have one persistent connection per reactor. Am I trying to do a bad thing
with twister?

I didn't want to ramble, so let me know if you need more info in order to
understand what I am trying to do here.

Thanks,
Rick