[Twisted-Python] Multicast XMLRPC

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Fri Aug 25 15:59:37 EDT 2006

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:36:28 -0400, "Chaz." <eprparadocs at gmail.com> wrote:

>I understand about the state machine of Twisted and how it can do the
>requests. The problem is that I still get down to issuing 1000s of TCP
>requests (and on top of that XML-RPC, SOAP, PB or whatever). It does beg the
>question has anyone really used a twisted server (or client) to invoke
>thousands of simultaneous RPC requests?

Yes.  I have done exactly that, while load-testing PB.  Currently the only restriction I'm aware of that causes a real problem is python bug #1494314 (you can't use more than 1024 sockets at all in Python right now) but that will be fixed again in 2.4.4 and 2.5.0.

My results are meaningless in your context though; you should take some sample of your application and that load and measure it.  Maybe you'll find something entirely surprising is the bottleneck.