[Twisted-Python] Multicast XMLRPC

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Thu Aug 24 13:37:47 EDT 2006

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 12:23:02 -0400, "Chaz." <eprparadocs at gmail.com> wrote:

>What I found when I did the following call:

>internet.TCPServer(tcpport,server.Site(r))
>
>that the call failed. Here is the trace output...perhaps someone can tell me
>what is wrong...

You have reversed something.

>Aug 24 12:22:26 sideshow whirlwind: [-]     return getattr(reactor,
>'listen'+self.method)(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
>Aug 24 12:22:26 sideshow whirlwind: [-] AttributeError: StorageService
>instance has no attribute 'args'

The last line of the traceback here refers to 'StorageService', not 'TCPServer'.  StorageService was the name of the TCPServer subclass you were using in your examples.  If you had been calling rather than subclassing TCPServer, presumably there would be no StorageService anywhere, least of all in the 'self' slot of a method on TCPServer in a traceback.