[Twisted-Python] Multicast XMLRPC

L. Daniel Burr ldanielburr at mac.com
Thu Aug 24 13:23:12 EDT 2006

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:54:38 -0500, Chaz. <eprparadocs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Chaz. wrote:
>
> Also for those of you that said you can't do:
>
> internet.TCPServer.__init__(self,...)
>
> I would suggest you are wrong. In fact that is exactly how subclassing
> works in Python. But that is for another time.

Sorry, but you didn't read JP's response carefully.  What JP said was
that you cannot "call an unbound method from one class with a self
argument which is an instance of an unrelated class".  That's exactly
what you were doing in your first post; you called TCPServer.__init__
with a "self" argument that was actually an instance of a totally
unrelated class, and that is why the call failed.

> Once again thanks!

Have a good one,

L. Daniel Burr