[Twisted-Python] Re: Reducing memory footprint of twisted app?

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Tue Aug 15 07:30:55 EDT 2006

Marcin Kasperski wrote:
> Not an exact question, but rather 'searching for ideas'.
>
> I have some twisted app, which uses more memory than I would like it to.
> Any ideas of what could I do to track it down?
> Also, if anybody could me point to any interesting resources about
> tracking python momory usage, I would be grateful.

Here are a couple of possibly interesting tools (I don't know whether they
work with Twisted):

PySizer - a memory profiler for Python
http://pysizer.8325.org/

Heapy
http://guppy-pe.sourceforge.net/#Heapy

--
Nicola Larosa - http://www.tekNico.net/

In the '70s I was a huge fan of various bands; now I'm a huge fan
of software. I've gone from gazing at record covers to gazing at
online help files, which is a little sick, now that I think about it.
 -- Wayne Lytle, March 2006