[Twisted-Python] Re: Using FQDN with transport.write calls...

Chaz. eprparadocs at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 16:38:04 EDT 2006

Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 13:23:42 -0400, Chaz <eprparadocs at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
>>> No it doesn't.  What behavior would you expect this to provide which you
>>> desire in your application?
>>> Jean-Paul
>> I actually see reactor has a resolve() method that looks like it is
>> used. But in looking at the Posix implementation it appears to be
>> "blocking" (unless threading is around in which case it uses a thread).
>> So I am now wondering the following:
>> 1) Is the default resolve() method, blocking?
>> 2) How do I get it to use the thread version?
>> Chaz
> You didn't answer my question.  Also, please don't top-post.
> Jean-Paul

Sorry for the top-post. What I want to do is the following

I think that says it succinctly.

As I see it I need to do some things with defer and reactor.resolve() or
use socket.getaddrinfo() or socket.gethostbyname() and deal with the
possible blocking nature of these calls.

As I said in my follow-on post I see the implementation of resolve() in
the posix reactor support and wonder about the two methods I see there:
the blocking one and the thread one. How do I get to decide which is used.

Finally is there some, unknown to me, way to already deal with this issue?