[Twisted-Python] How to tell when ReconnectingClientFactory gives up

James Bunton jamesbunton at fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 1 03:06:49 EDT 2006

Hi,

Is there any way to tell when a ReconnectingClientFactory has stopped
trying? I'm talking about due to connection failures, etc

As far as I can tell, in ReconnectingClientFactory.retry, if retries
 > maxRetries, then the function exits with a message to the log.

I can't find a good way to trap this event. The only things I can
think of are to either hook clientConnectionLost and
clientConnectionFailed and count when we've hit maxRetries, then
trigger whatever I want to do, or to patch ReconnectingClientFactory
to do the same.

Anybody got any ideas?

---

James