[Twisted-Python] .tap and twistd and persistence

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Sat Apr 15 21:41:06 EDT 2006

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 12:22:37 -0400, Mike Pelletier <mike at mkp.ca> wrote:

>The moral seems to
>be that just because something is provided by Twisted does not mean it's a
>best practice.

Hmm.  This is unfortunate, but since it's unlikely to change soon (many external projects ended up picking up and using bits of Twisted that we ultimately decided are bad ideas) we should probably start documenting "accepted best practices" somewhere.

I suggest a wiki page, linked from the front page, since the idea of "best practice" is an ongoing discussion with some disagreement and some consensus -- probably more appropriate for the wiki format than anything else we are currently using wiki for.