[Twisted-Python] zope.component or twisted.python.components

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Fri Sep 23 17:32:04 EDT 2005

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 01:18:26 +0400, Garanin Michael <garanin at m-lan.ru> wrote:

>Hello!
>I am twisted-newcomer, and i try ported my Zope3 application to
>twisted+nevow. Can i use zope.components package from Zope3 (only for my
>objects of course) instead   twisted.python.components, is it legal?

The only constraint in place is that if you pass an object to someone else's code (for example, to Twisted), it behaves as they expect it to.

I doubt many people have tried this (or at least, they have not talked about it), but there should be no categorical reason for it to fail.  Let us know if you run into any problems that you think represent unreasonable incompatibilities.

Jp