[Twisted-Python] Re: GUI responsiveness

Jasper jasper at peak.org
Thu Sep 15 13:46:39 EDT 2005

Nicola Larosa wrote:

>>I integrated my pygame+pyui loop with twisted's default reactor
>>using 5 simple lines of code, so I'm not seeing much room for
>>gain there...
>>

>I'd sure like to see those five lines. ;-)

Here's what it roughly is, stripping out code and params not directly
involved.  I just took the simplest thing I could think of, and since it
worked I didn't look much further.  Perhaps this would have trouble if
had frequent network traffic, but I don't.

-Jasper

class PyuiClient( NetworkClient ):
    def __init__( self  ):
        # ...
        self._pyuiRefresh( .001 )

    def _pyuiRefresh( self, delay ):
        pyui.draw()
        pyui.update()
        reactor.callLater( delay, self._pyuiRefresh, delay )