[Twisted-Python] Twisted Developers: Do not import Nevow in twisted code, and other reminders

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Sat Sep 10 01:19:50 EDT 2005

Christopher Armstrong wrote:

>I hope you don't remove twisted.lore.nevowlore. This code has required
>nevow and been in Twisted for several releases (of course, now it's
>not in Twisted Core, and neither are any of the other bits of code you
>mentioned). Of course, it's optional and not imported by anything
>unless the user explicitly passes the switch to lore that says "use
>nevowlore, please".

I hope he does remove that precise code, which I believe spawned this
discussion.

Not only is this import going in the wrong direction and depending upon
an unspecified version of Nevow within Twisted, the code is /already/ a
plug-in, which could easily be distributed along with Nevow rather than
along with Lore.

This is exactly what should happen.