[Twisted-Python] Python 2.2 Support

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Fri Sep 9 19:15:00 EDT 2005

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 09:01:42 +1000, Jonathan Lange <jonathan.lange at gmail.com> wrote:
>So, how long are we going to support it?

At least until the next release.

Personally I don't care about 2.2 support right *now*, but a variety of places where it would be nifty to have Twisted or fragments of it (on small devices, for example, or weird platforms) only a minimal version of Python 2.2 is available.  I don't know if this has something to do with a change in the build process as of 2.3 or just a lack of time for the maintainers, but backporting is never fun after the fact.

We should probably track down some people with actual current use-cases in such environments though...

(PLEASE, SOMEBODY WHO FITS THAT DESCRIPTION JUMP IN HERE!)