[Twisted-Python] Re: Disabling PB (de)serialization

Steve Freitas sflist at ihonk.com
Tue Sep 6 16:17:46 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 12:20 -0700, Brian Warner wrote:
> I'm curious, what does your takes-a-long-time-to-serialize data look like? I
> need some performance-test-cases to benchmark newpb serialization code with,
> and if my test data looks more like your actual data, then newpb will be that
> much faster for your application. Are there a lot of large strings? Long
> lists? densely-connected graphs?

Very interesting post, Brian -- lots of it above my head, but hey. :-)

In my case, the data is going between instances of a VNC server and a
VNC viewer. The viewer, of course, isn't sending much, but using PB rref
method calls to transfer the data from the VNC server was enough to max
out my Athlon 2200, albeit with both the PB client and the PB server
running on the same machine (it was just a prototype).

Steve